Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Nightmares

I've just finished taking two online classes. One about blurbing (writing selling blurbs similar to back cover copy for your manuscripts) by Suzanne McMinn, a wonderful instructor and author. (She has a lot of the info at her website so check it out.) The other class, I'm just finishing. It's on how to design my own website using Dreamweaver. (Guess which was the most fun. If your answer isn't the first one, you probably aren't going to find much of interest here or at my website.) The result is HERE.

Don't worry, that isn't my final answer. And the instructors were better than this site shows. I had a design concept I really liked but it was complicated. It's going to take me a bit longer to fix the problems than I have time for this instant so I decided to go with something simple for now to reach my goal of having it 'out there' by my deadline. (Even on this one, everything isn't working right so bear with me, huh? I'm just a beginner geek.)

But I woke up last night in the wee hours in a sweat. Nightmares! The details are vague now but they weren't then. And they were about school. (Bad people chasing me down halls, stealing things, trying to hurt me, teachers making fun of me, etc.) I think that means I'm done with classes--online or otherwise--for a time. It was scaaaaary.

I am proud of all the things I've learned to do. Just wait, with a bit of fine-tuning, my website is going to be awesome! In the meantime, I'd best get back to work on the two (yes, two) synopses I'm working on now. That ought to fuel my nightmares for tonight.

No comments: