Friday, October 07, 2011

This is the project that got me started before I decided to do this project:  
It's the laundry closet. I decided to start here and work myself around the house, one closet, one room at a time. (It felt more manageable that way and this was a small project that let me feel like I was making progress right away.
If you don't think it is progress, you should have seen the top shelf before I cleaned, tossed and organized it. (The top of the washer and dryer were a bit (understatement) tacky, too. Now everything is in boxes that are easy to get down and get access to. I know where and what everything is.  (FYI--and this is my first 'tip': the plastic bag hanging over the dryer is my dryer-ate-one-of-the socks bag.  I stick singles that I find while I'm folding in the bag and once every month or so, I go through and match them up.  Been doing that for several years and it has helped eliminate the one sock here and one sock there, floating around, lonely, in our drawers.  I'm quite pleased with myself over that one!)
You would appreciate this more if I'd taken a before picture.

No comments: